Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Loxahatchee River at Riverbend Park


 
Friday, March 10. On the way to Key West.
Riverbend Park is less than 2 miles off the Turnpike.  Clocked out of work at 1;59.  On the water at 4:39










Paddling in a canal, at first.  

.On the River.  Approaching Indiantown Road











There are 2 wood dams on the Lox.  This is the first as you paddle downstream


Very nice landing if you want to portage.,

I was short on time, so I just got out and made a video

Paddled back up the Loxahatchee








.
.









.









.


Flock of black bellied whistling ducks


















Landed at 6:08.  I had paddled past the landing site earlier.  Had light for another 30 minutes or so, but I wanted to get to my sister's in Key West at decent hour. Arrived just before midnight.  The Turnpike in Palm Beach County was horrible.  Averaged 30 mph for the first 30 miles

No comments: