Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Lake Baldwin


 

On the water at 6:41.  On Monday, chatting with a gentleman at Fort Maitland, I said I was thinking of launching at Dinky Dock today  He reminded me the parking lot is closed for a paving project. You can still launch there, just can't park.  Not having a permit for the Rollins College garage, I went to Lake Baldwin




.



























Landed at 7:43

Another Infernal Combustion free paddle.
"Infernal" comes to mind from a Beverly Hillbillies episode. The Clampets are finding out the government has an interest in their new found wealth. Mr. Drysdale tells them about the Internal Revenue Service. To which Granny replies, "I know how to handle those Infernal Revenooers. T'aint getting my "medicine"!
Uncle Jed may have paddled this lake. Buddy Ebsen lived in Orlando from age 12 to 20.

No comments: