Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Lake Fairview

Lake Fairview is my go to kayaking spot on Wednesdays during Daylight Savings. Because when I am finished, I get get the week's gas and groceries at a nearby Walmart Marketplace.
1st photo at 5:38 PM. I was on the water before that, but had left the main camera in the car. Which was a good thing, because I need practice getting out of this Hurricane Tracer kayak. Very tippy. I found putting the skeg down,helps. May not be so good for the skeg.
Play ball! I used to launch there, Lake Fairview Park. But it is too busy with softball leagues, powerboats, and jet skis.
Landed at 7:19.
I had hoped to watch a SpaceX launch from the kayak. But due to the tippiness, decided it was better to watch from shore. The 7:29 launch as been pushed back several times. Almost blasted of at 9:39, but the countdown was put on hold. Still on hold at 10 PM

No comments: