Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Wekiva River.

On the River from Katie's Landing at 12:58. My fouth choiceof where to kayak, Saturday. First was Mosquito Lagoon to look for flamingos. But, I had a late start. Worth it, as I now have working guest room toilet. Too hot for an open water paddle. I had the perfect alternative. Rock Springs Run from Camp Joy. No swimming at Kelly Park due to alligator activity. So no weekend mob. Got to Kelly Park. "We have reached the limit at Camp Joy" "What is the limit" 15. I like that better than the hordes Kings Landing puts on the Run. Too bad I was not number 14 or 15. I figured Wekiwa Springs State Pak would be packed, but maybe early morning visitors would have left. Nope. Signs on Wekiva Springs Road. PARK FULL. Wekiva Island was also full. Too expensive for me. When I am unable to cart my kayak up and down the hill at the State Park, I may launch there.
fqtll-XsnUibAJFO1RLvJi_emZa1lKdf0uhwY6k1W-O7Jt-hendyDYT5SRpHvEzv3hfwMaHwIl2VTksxLgXJoh9CbserVqDPfDEIq7pKHXEP-dgZaBCYrYRZ99jGbmJ7mYfC3GgvT6e-83VLt50oUJXU7yoAgk/s320/IMG_0027.JPG"/>

No comments: