Friday, July 24, 2026
Lake June in Winter
Did you know that 90 plus percent of all caladium bulbs sold worldwide are ground in Lake Placid, Florida? To celebrate, there is a festival. A rare thing this time of year in Florida. I saw a bluegrass band was performing. At 11:15.I got out of bed early and drove to near by Lake June in Winter Scrub Reserve State Park. Still don't have my car, so I had the inflatable.The portage to the water would not be bad with a hard shell kayak. This was my first time carting the 2 person Advanced Elements kayak. It is extrenely heavy. I removed a heavy soft cooler and had to hold on at thefront edge of the cockpit instead of the carry handle so it would not drag too much. Stopped several times on the way to the water. Something I don't do with a real kayak. Even coming up the hill at Wekiwa Springs.Finally on the water at 9:59. The bluegrass band I wanted to hear at the Caladium Festival was scheudled to start at 11:15. It would be a short paddle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment