Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Wacasasa, Wekiva, Manatee Springs, Cedar Key

First time I have seen manatees at their namesake spring. 
Began the day at the Levy County boat ramp on the Wacasassa River.



Up the Wacasassa.
 Otters

 To the Wekiva, on the right.


 Checking me out.  " He's from Wisconsin, its cool"








 Must be where I turned back























On the Wacasassa























Landed at 12:25.  Decided to make a visit to Manatee Springs State Park.






 Hey! Manatees in Manatee Spring.  First I have seen, here. It was my first winter visit.













 Boardwalk along the spring run





Suwanee River








 Catfish Hotel

 A sink hole

 Robin. I rarely saw them in Florida. Until I began to kayak.








Deer from the Park Road






 Entering Cedar Key







As I post these pics on 6-25-16, I am in the unit next to this one, 323. In 322, will be in 324 over the Fourth.










Short winter day. No time left to kayak in Cedar Key


Sunset and moonrise from Dock Street was nice.










No comments: