Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Myakka River State Park

Deep Hole, above
Sunrise on the Interstate. 4, I assume. If 75, I was up REALLY early

Up early enough to wait for the Park to open at 8.  After a 150 mile drive













Car/bike shuttle doubles the wildlife observation. 



 On the water at 9:50
 The dam



 Low water
 Low water + winter = wading bird bonanza.









Glossy ibis,  below










Catch of the day











Leg up to help with the contusion on my shin.  From the fall down the ladder at Naked Spring.





Look! It's Dave!
























All the above before  I entered the Wilderness Preserve.  With a permit, of course.









































Deep Hole, south end of Lower Myakka Lake

Shin still red from when I whacked it on the Naked Spring dock ladder.  Thinking back, one day in the shower, looking at my foot, "Why is it so dark?" Because the blood had no where else to go.  I got better.


Hellooo sexy!


Bald eagle in flight



Rain






























Landed at 3:40






Lunch. Second one, first in the kayak

Birdwalk







Big Top Brewing.  Playing on Sarasota's circus heiritage





My lodgings.

No comments: