Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, February 13, 2017

Sunday, Feburary 12. Naked Spring Camp site


Arrived at Gilchrist Blue Spring at 10:30

Went for a swim















In the kayak



Wood stork


 Pie billed grebe lunch

Santa Fe River








































 Back to Gilchrist Blue

 Johnson Spring.  I wanted to camp Naked.  The Spring name, no me, but people were thre.
 The Naked campers were gone, so I grabbed the site.  It is good to arrive on Sunday,

 Camp site set up, I snorkeled.

























The dock has, or had, it is gone as I write in July, 2019, a two or three step ladder.  Solid wood.  I was on the top rung.  Reached to put my camera on the dock. Newton's Law came in to effect. For every action... the reaction was my foot sliding off the step.  WHAM ! I hit the step below.  It really, really hurt.  But, not blood or protruding bones, so I was good. 

 Puttered around the campsite for 45 minutes, and got back in the kayak.
 What is that baseball doing under my shin?  Oh yeah, the dock.

No ice on board, but I did have 72 degree spring water to soak it in
 Entrance to Naked Spring Run


















 Third, at least, snorkel of the day.  I assume I did one or two at the springs on the Ginnie Springs property








Dinner




 Facilities



No comments: