Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Chassahwitzka Saturday

5037
My site at the Chassahowitzka River Campground
.On the Chaz at 8:14 AM. I had left my kayak behind the rentals.

 A dip in the Seven Sisters.






Gray snapper
Bass












I did not swim through the tunnel.
Had it to myself,



Down the Chaz.

Yellow crowned night heron pair.




Baird Creek



The Crack Spring














Had it to myself, also








Hawk





Otter






Back on the Chassahowitzka


















Into Salt Creek.  Unlike in December, when I took my niece, Abby, that's Dr. Cannon, to you, and her friend up it, this time was intentional. 







Back on the Chaz.




Crab Creek






Landed at 12:46.
As I walked up the road to the campground, I said to an employee directing traffic. "It's like Memorial Day Weekend'  'Its worse"   State Parks with beaches were closed due to Covid 19.  As well as many city and county boat ramps.  During my paddle, a plexiglass shield had gone up at the counter at the camp store.

Lunch, download some photos, recharge the batteries.
Back on the water at 4.








Potter Creek










Ruth Springs Run. Never saw so many people here. 4 or 5.  4 portage around the tree below.  Another guy, in a short kayak, made it through.  They were coming down the run, towards me.  I figured it would not be worth the effort to see the likely stirred up spring, so I turned around.





Osprey on the Chaz


I have watched this structure slowly sink over the years



Turnaround point































Landed at 7:30

No comments: