Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Wekiva RIver, Rock Springs Run

On the Wekiva River from Wekiwa Springs State Park at 6:10 PM.  Later than I hoped. Worked longer than I wanted to.  Then, I got to the water and notice the cotter pin that holds the wheel to the cart was missing.  So, I went back up the hill looking for it.  Did not.  Only went half way. It's a long hill.





 Headed up Rock Springs Run

 The original plan was to climb over the tree, but with the late start, I turned back,





 Back on the Wekiva River



 Did not go far, just past Wekiva Island.  I had things to do.









 Landed at 8:03. One of the things I had to do was find the cotter pin.  Pulled the kayak halfway up the hill. The wheel stayed on.  I then walked to the car, without the kayak. Did not find the lost cotter pin.  Had one in the car. Will have to stop at the hardware store on the way to Fort Maitland, Monday, for a new supply.

 Deer in the ranger station parking lot.  A harbinger of the weekend.

The other things I had to do were pick up a few things at Publix, and when I got home, switch kayaks and hook up the Adventure Box for Friday and Saturday nights at Manatee Springs State Park.  Which has more visible deer than any where I go.

No comments: