Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Sanibel


 In the bowl, two meals in one. A wonderful four bean dish, plus ground beef, bacon and I don't know what else. Onions and peppers. Finally red beans and rice with sausage and shrimp.  In the cup, salad.

But first, my last morning walk on this all too brief stay on Sanibel Island.   Since 2014 I have been able to stay for a week.  But, my job screwed me out of 11 off days.  So, I only took 3 days off this December.   Unpaid.






















































My brother, Pat and part of his family were in 2 adjoining units this year. Pat, Eileen, and I were in one. The "kids". Megan and Jack were next door.  I had told Jack we would leave to go kayaking at 9:30.  Being 18, or is it 19, I expected I would have to wake him up.  At 9:30, I opened the door to go next door, and there he was, ready to go.
White pelicans on Wildlife Drive as he drove to the second launch site in the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge.-++++++
We were on the water at 10:30












Bridge crab-----------------------------------------------------------------------------





I don't think so.










Landed at 12:33.  Back to Shell Island Beach Club for the wonderful lunch. Relaxed by the pool for a while before going for a bike ride.  Had not been on the road bike.  The rear tube has a faulty valve.  It slowly leaks. Because the Presta valve is jut not right.  It takes several attempts to get it in the right position so the  pump stays on. I had filled it after my beach walk. 7 hours later, it had deflated a little.  I tried to pump it up.  Could not get the pump to stay on.  Time to change the tube.  But, not this time. It was easier to take a condo bike.  Lucky for me, Jack, coming back to the condo for a Zoom Class, told me the bike I was about to get on had a chain that was slipping.   So, to the office for another.


Trail underwater at GulfsidePark












Back to the condo for a last beach walk.  A sad one.













Until next time.

No comments: