Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, December 19, 2020

Rock Springs Run


 Underway at 9:04 am.  A late start on a Saturday. To let things warm up a bit on a cool morning.

Barefoot for launching only. Dried off the feet and put footgear on.







I do not see black crowned night herons much on the Wekiva River.   I had not seen any in 5 days at Sanibel. where they are relatively abundant.






Rock Springs Run













The first of many alligators





















Seasons DO change in Florida








































I do not recall ever seeing so many great egrets on Rock Springs Run



















I saw less than half a dozen people until I near Kings Landing.

The so called, "Emerald Cut"  up Run from Kings Landing was packed.   I passed some paddlers, passed more who had stopped in the area with the jump platform, another tandem kayak was ahead of me, so I turned around.  Had not reached the 3rd Landing.  It was 1:15. so time to head back, anyway.


















Kings Landing has not bee shuttles since March, so all the renters are supposed to turn back here.




































































The first gator of the day was in the same spot. 6 hours 20 minutes later. 
































Landed at 5:15

No comments: