Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Lake Maitland


I was afraid the 2021 paddling streak would end at a paltry, 32 days. After 226 consecutive in 2020. The Outback needed its 120,000 mile service. I knew it would take awhile, so I was resigned to no kayaking today. "It will be about 4 hours, Mr. Cannon. Would you like a loaner vehicle?" Would I !?! I was able to go to work, pick up my car on lunch break. Clocked out at 6:43 PM, home, put the kayak on the car, to Lake Maitland for 30 minutes on the water.
I was a couple blocks from home when I realized I forgot the cameras.  But, a backup was in a backpack.  No battery. Not in the camera, had some in another pocket of the backpack.  No memory card.  I thought, there have to be some in the car.   Found two.





 Camera, cards, and battery took awhile to work, but I was able to get a few pics in 30-35 minutes on the water.







The parking lot was bad. Lots of loud boats and jetskis.  Some people just hate nature.

No comments: