Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Wekiva River and Rock Springs Run



 
Launched the kayak in the rain at Wekiwa Springs State Park. Forecast said it would stop.

On the Wekiva River at 6:40
Steady rain.  Nothing like Tuesday's deluge on Lake Virginia




The rain stopped. I turned around at 7:25

Down Rock Springs Run




Saw a deer. Ran off before I got a photo










Black bellied whistling ducks


Green heron









Landed at 8:19

Had a nice chat with a lady who had just arrived at the Park. She was camping, and was checking out the canoe beach to launch her paddle board with friends, tomorrow. We had a nice chat.  I pulled the kayak up the hill, taking the new route.  As I was getting the kayak on the roof, she came over.  And showed me a picture of a bear cub she had just taken on the boardwalk.  My old route. And, I thought all I was missing was my traditional last look at the Spring.

No comments: