Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha


Not much time on Lake Minnehaha, above.  Late start as I had to go to the Apple Store, after work to get my phone working.  The above photo was taken with the now working phone.  Had been out of commission for 16 days. Editors note, the large photo is with the phone. The accidental overlay is Lake Maitland, with the camera.

On Lake Maitland at 7:13





























Just as my getting on the water was delayed, landing was also delayed.  But, tonight I learned where the expression, “Don’t get your dobber/dauber down”, comes from. Landing at Fort Maitland. A lady, fishing from the dock. I give it a wide berth. This is where most people reel in their line. She says, “You are going to run over my line” Still does not reel it in. I can’t see it in the twilight, and do run it over. “My dobber is caught on your boat” She repeats this several times as I paddle towards the dock. “My dobber is caught on your boat!” It was caught on the stern. “I heard you”, I said. “Now you ran over my other line” Jeez. I thought, why not reel it in, bitch.

May be an image of twilight, lake and natureThis chick had three lines in the water, a chair, tackle box, bucket, a shelter in a stuff sack, and more, on the dock. This is a boat dock. People will fish from it, but not set up camp. “My dobber is stuck on your boat” I told her I could not reach it, and was coming to the dock so she could get it off. “How do I do that?’ “Well you might start by getting out of the chair, stepping over the tackle boxes, and reaching over.” She did, and after a struggle, got it unhooked. I resisted the temptation to say, “All of this could have been avoided if you had reeled in your lines. Like any other person fishing at a boat dock when a boat is coming in.” She did stick herself with the hook. For quite a while. Karma

No comments: