Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, August 27, 2021

Rock Springs Run

Rain as I launched from Wekiwa Springs State Park just after 4:30, Friday.





I had hopes, it being the weekend, and 4-5 days since it came down, this tree would be removed.  I would think hauling a rental canoe over a log, in swift, 3-4 foot deep water, would be bad for repeat business.

I considered my options.  On the right, swampy soil, and the crown of the tree.
On the left, water.  Let's try it.
Made it out to the main channel of Rock Springs Run.  Made a mental note of the spot, as it is 20 yards or so up Run of the obstacle.  Look for a small stump/branch.





 The buck I have seen the last 3 times on Rock Springs Run was all, "Where have you been?"






The rain had stopped










Once on Rock Springs Run, the only people I saw were campers at the Indian Mound camp site.




















Coming back, down the Run, I saw a bear.  I saw it, it saw me, and ran. Small one, I don't think even 4 feet at the shoulders
















Below is the stump/branch to look for.  To find the opening to get around the fallen tree.




The detour

Back on the main channel








Only turtle I saw all afternoon/evening. 

Every photo shoot needs a kayak.
Landed at 7:26

No comments: