Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Wekiva and Little Wekiva


 Under way, from Wilson's Landing at 7:53.  Have not been here, or nearby Katie's Landing since May. Or maybe, April.  Lots of changes on the drive on Highway 46 due to the Wekiva Parkway.


Top of the world, Ma!

















One speed boat and one jet ski on the Wekiva. Both slowed down for me.












Up the Little Wekiva











It would have been difficult to push through the water lettuce. And then I would have to do it in 30 minutes or so, on the way back. My plan was to paddle until 11, or until I reached the little bridge at the Wekiva Outfitters launch site. It was 10:26.  I turned around. 










Lots of little alligators were out
























Either the is some sort of race, Sunday, or the last one did not clean up.  I sa no one on the Little Wekiva

Back on the Wekiva.










Stopped at the Twin Mounds shell mounds.


Had to retrace my paddle to the main channel


There is a shortcut, but a tree was down there as well

Saw about 4 power boats and jet skis. No paddlers



























Side channel down River of Wekiva Falls








Back on the main channel



On way to make sure a kingfisher stays still. Get it a fish bigger than its beak.








Landed at 1:46.

No comments: