Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, July 4, 2022

Manatee Springs State Park, Wacasssa and Wekiva Rivers


 1387

Out of the trailer for a walk on the Sink Hole Trail.  Well out, to use the bathroom, and as long as I was up...










Back at the campsite, had breakfast, prepared to leave, was headed to the spring, when I had visitors.
























One other person in the spring. He ran into me. He may say I ran into him, but he was freestyling back and forth.

Catfish Hotel Sink Hole. Divers only.
I walked the boardwalk along the spring run after dark, Sunday. Time to see it in the light of day.

















Checked out of my campsite and headed to the Wacasassa River.  I thought it would not be busy compared to a lot of places, and would have adequate parking for Subaru and trailer. 
On the water at 11:10. Perfect parking spot. Pull in, out, shaded. Someone must have left.  Lots of pickups and trailers. 99% of the boats from those trailers go down River, to the Gulf.

I paddle up River  



Arrived at the confluence of the Wacasassa and Wekiva Rivers.  Went up the Wekiva.








1383









1393

No comments: