Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, August 29, 2022

Artemis (1)


 Negative 1, launch attempt was scrubbed.

I was in the canal in front of my "cabin" at the Mosquito Lagoon RV Park  at 7:26 AM

.



Two cameras have died in the last week. One swamped by a manatee, the other for no reason.  So I am using a third stringer with lousy zoom.


 And, an iphone 7



A line of boats raced southward for the 8:33 AM launch attempt.  In the boat channel.  I was on the other side of the islands, some natural, others the result of dredging the Intracoastal Waterway


I knew, from an exploratory paddle Sunday, I would have to get on the other side of the islands for the best view.  Today, clouds and haze obscured the distant launch towers and rocket,
8:33 came and went, I continued paddling south, and my check out/work window closing, turned back at 8:40.  A boater told me it was scrubbed.
Chatted with this camper on Sunday















Landed at 9:54

No comments: