Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Lake Orienta


 

 Even the Eyesore on I-4 looks good from the water. Lake Orienta, Altamonte Springs, FL. I-4 being the Interstate that runs through Orlando. The Eyesore being a building a local religious TV station has been building for 15? 20? years.

On the water at 6:50 PM. 1st time on Lake Orienta































The below photo should be the last one. Landed at 7:31. Signs at the boat ramp state the hours are 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM.  I wondered how much leeway they give you.  Answer, not much.  A City of Altamonte Springs truck had its lights flashing as I came in.  Had a nice chat with the City employee.  
 

The early closing time, and the fact it often is closed when the Lake is too high, or too low, is why I never kayaked this lake, 4 miles from work, 6 from home, until tonight.





 






































































No comments: