Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Wekiva River from Katie's Landing

The next few weeks are the longest days of the year.  Chance to paddle farther afield, awater? after work.  I thought I would go to Blue Spring State Park. Until an overhead sign on I-4 said, 'STOPPED TRAFFIC TWO MILES AHEAD"  Fortunately, the Highway 46 Exit was less than 2 miles ahead.  So, I exited and headed to Katie's Landing.
 
On the water at 6:41

On the side channel

.

Main channel


Side channel









Main channel


Hog family



Turned around at 7:35







Wekiva Haven, below, used to rent motorboats, above. Those days are long past.






:
Landed at 8:09. I could have stayed out longer, but was thinking the gate would lock just after sunset.
It does close, but you can get out. Hopefully, I will remember that, next time.

No comments: