Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Collier Seminole State Park

 

I was in Naples to see the Kayak Doctor, Jay Rose.  After leaving a my kevlar Tsunami at his shop, I headed to Capri PaddleCraft Park.  On the way, I passed Shell Island Road.  I thought, "Isn't this the place with a free launch site?  I made a U-turn.

Free launch in the Rookery Bay National Estuary Research Preserve  





Memorial marker to locals who saved the area from devolpment



Paddling the 12 foot Pungo for the first time in awhile. A 14 foot Tsunami did not fit on my camping trailer with a 16.5 and 14.5 Tsunami on the roof of the Outback.  My trailer is short, with a short tounge. 

.





A short, hour twenty minute, windy paddle. On to Collier Seminole State Park
It appears Site 22 was, at one time, two sites.  Not only is there the line down the middle, but there are 2 electric posts.  I asked a passing ranger to make sure it is one site. It is. 
Into the Blackwater River.

The river is channelized from the State Park ramp.




















Sunset on the western edge of the Everglades
Bay City Walking Dredge.  Used to build Highway 41/Tamiami Trail


No comments: