Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, April 10, 2015

Blue Springs State Park

9961
Got an early start to the weekend on Friday, April 10, 2015.
 On the boardwalk, snorkel gear in hand, 5:37
In the water at 5:42


 Blue Spring








Turtle and gar. No game fish. Or, manatees.




Unlike my visit 2 weeks ago the Run was open for swimming to the swim dock.
 On the St. Johns at 6:24

 





 
Kayaking around the island across from French Avenue
 
They were noisy until I turned the video on




 

 




 

 
 Paddling up Blue Spring Run







Gliding down






 
 
Back on the St Johns River







Landed at 7:50



 I asked for a firefly pass at the gate when I arrived.  This lets you stay after dark to watch the lightning bugs.
 They do not photograph well.
 That's a star. Maybe a planet.
 I was halfway between home, and the Atlantic Ocean.  I went east.




 
 

No comments: