Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, April 3, 2015

Lakes Maitland, Nina and Minnehaha

On Lake Maitland at 8:50. No Foolin.

Red shouldered hawk
 
 Osprey
 Dog Island
 



Back across Lake Maitland

 Canal
 
Lake Nina
 Canal



Lake Minnehaha



 






 It had been a while since I have had good otter pics
 



 While her pups hid under kayaks, mom tired to draw my attention away by going under a jet ski
 Obviously, she does not know me.


 






This fooled me from a distance



Real hawk


 Cute coot


Limpkins





Green heron


 
But for the otters, possible first photo
 













Pontoon boat off the trailer.

Landed at 10:40. No trailer required.

2 comments:

Luis said...

Very nice otter pics. It had been a while since the last time I saw an otter in your Chain of Lakes weekly posts.

Dave said...

There was one in the last Lakes Tale. Just half a head above the water, so easy to miss.