Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Gum Slough, Withlacoochee River, Big Blue Spring

Not far up Gum Slough, due to low water conditions.  That gave me the chance to find Big Blue Spring.
On the Withlacoochee River, South, at 7:45







Shell Mound at Potts Preserve


Into Gum Slough






1








Back on the Withlacooche in less than an hour due to low water in the Slough
















I had tried to find Blue Spring on the Withlacoochee once before.  I had failed in that attempt.  This time, I had a better idea of where it is.














Spoonbills, always a treat
Tri colored heron and black bellied whistling duck



Osprey family

























A spring run?

Could not go any farther.  Got out and walked up the run
Does not appear I found a spring.









There it is! Almost a 3 hour, down River, paddle from Gum Slough





















I now had an up River paddle back to the car.














































 Stop at Potts Preserve






Turner Fish Camp



Landed, at the Public Boat Ramp, at 3:22.

No comments: