Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Myakka River State Park, Friday, June 2, 2017

The ranger told me no one had made it to Lower Myakka Lake by kayak in several weeks due to low water.  Guess that was still the case.  I walked the last 50 yards or so.
First pic at 8:35.  I had picked up a Wilderness Permit on entering Myakka River State Park. I had a CCC cabin reserved for Friday and Saturday nights.


On the Myakka River at 9:07.  It was too shallow to put in at the spot near the Park Road Bridge. I launched at the pullover further down the road.




My launch spot.

Black crowned night heron
Black bellied whistling ducks
Great black, sorry, getting in a rythm.



















Why I could not launch near the bridge





As stated above, I had my permit.






Hey! a non alligator reptile!








Limpkins like snails and clams


Lower Myakka Lake



Dead something
I was walking in the dry river bed.
Not sure what this was



 No visit to Deep Hole, on the other side of the Lake, today.




















Rain 





More rain

Rain, what rain?
I know I had some fine local brew.  Only the cup is Bud.

My cabin








I have had crows steal food in the past
Putting in at Upper Myakka Lake
























Late in the day means blurry photos













 Landed at 8:19.
Downloading pics and using the concession wifi until the bugs drove me away

No comments: