Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Estereo River, with a new kayak, and Sanibel

I had hoped to arrive in Southwest Florida with a Runaway Camper, and three kayaks.  One of which leaks.  But, the round cross bars on the camper need cradles. Something I discovered on the way to work, Friday.  Since I have the privilege of staying with brother Pat and family this week, I do not need the camper. So, I left it, and two of the three kayaks at hope  I had hoped to have four kayaks to share with family and friends this week.  But, Dave, you say, I thought you had three kayaks and one leaks.  I did.  But, I bought one this morning.  The  Wilderness Tsunami 160 in this Tale.  From Bea W. in Fort Myers.  I then headed down to Naples to have Jay Rose take a look at my leaky Wilderness Tsunami 140.  He found the leak, explained what he will do to fix it, and should have it ready before I leave for Winter Park, next Saturday.  Meanwhile, my Kevlar Tsunami, at Travel Country for a rudder cable repair since November 18, has an unknown completion date
As long as I was down in Naples, I wanted to paddle somewhere between Naples and Sanibel. A breezy day, so I went to Koreshan State Park and the Estereo River
On the water at 11:30





Paddled what felt like upstream, but it was an incoming tide.





Turned back in the Estero Bay Preserve










Creepy Barbie doll bridge





This was my second time on the Estero River.  I did not remember so many houses.  Maybe because the other time was December, 2005.












Landed at 1:45
Sanibel Island










 Half a dozen dolphins




 For a while, they were surfing.  It was awesome.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to see your enjoying your new Kayak. Happy paddling

Betty Lynch said...

Some beautiful shots of ibis birds