Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Lake Howell

And, Howell Branch Creek
 On the water at 5:49 PM.  At 4, when I texted my friend that I was thinking of a Lake Howell paddle, she told me, from looking out her window.  It was calm.  Not so when I launched.





 The bad stuff was behind me.














 From wind in my face, to glassy.

 Howell Branch Creek













 Alligator
 One patch of bright sky



After a while, no clear sky.  Except when illuminated by lightning.
 Lightning to my left, in front of me, to my right.  I assume there were bolts behind me, but I did not take the time to look


Landed at 7:32, in a light rain.   A good night to end early.  Had to put another kayak, and the bikes on the car when I got home.  First long weekend since July 4.  Cabin at Myakka River State Park, Friday-Monday.  Think I'll go to Sanibel, Saturday.

No comments: