Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Wekiva River

I almost did not go to Katie's Landing after work, as I did not leave the house until almost 5:45.  But, I thought it would be could to see how much time I could get on the water.  So, as the days get shorter, and I leave the house at 5:20, or so I could see if the trip was worthwhile.   It was.

 On the River at 6:25




 Into the less traveled channel






Back on the main channel



 Turn around, 7:14

 Hibiscus




 Manatee. Don't think I have seen one on the Wekiva in a couple years
 It went up River, as I was, for a good amount of time.


 Not sure if it was one of the three manatees I watched here for a while

 Including a very small one

 In a place where I have seen manatees in the past.

 I could be a guide.












 Landed at 8:15
Kayak and paddle are on land, on a rail, in this shot.

No comments: