Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, November 28, 2021

No Name Key


I usually do the No Name Key paddle on the way to Key West.  But, this trip, I stopped at Everglades National Park to pick up my Lifetime Senior Pass on the way down.  So I did No Name on the reurn.
On the water at 9:55.  Coolest morning of the holiday weekend.  I had breakfast inside, and not in my sister and brother-in -law's open air kitchen.   65 degrees. Keys cold.












Cormorants in flight






The only person, close enough to say, hello, to, that I saw all morning. 

Bahia Honda Bridge



 


Bahia Honda State Park in the distance





















I did not kind of hawk this is.  Luckily I know people who do.  It is not a hawk.  It is a peregrine falcon 
Thank you, Mark H.


What did not see, was deer.  Which I usually do see on No Name Key

















Landed at 1:15

Traffic was flowing smoothly.


Until it stopped in Islamorada. Almost 1 hour to go two miles.

It took me 3 hours to get to the Turnpike. 90 miles.  And that was with no issues on the notorious 18 Mile Stretch. Other than dumbasses passing me in a merging lane.  Not one of the 2 lanes to 1 lane merge, but an entrance lane merge. 

No comments: