Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, November 19, 2021

Wekiva River


On the Wekiva River, from Wekiwa Springs State Park, at 4:34 PM
I wanted to see how fast, or slow, the slow leak is in this Wilderness Tsunami 14.0.  Oldest vessel in the fleet.  Was thinking of selling it, but no offers.  I have been honest about the conditon.


Asters

 


12 minutes in, I think the leak is near my left heel.







Wekiva Island






Turned around, just after 5.




As much as I love the Grinch, I love the Wild and Scenic Wekiva River even more.  Bad idea, Wekiva Island. 












 5:34 PM.  Not too much water in the kayak

After landing, I turned it on its side. Let the water gather.  Maybe a  quarter inch deep, at the deepest point, a few inches on either side of the seat post.
Ten wrings with  washcloth emptied it.


I'm not selling.  Now, have to wait until May, 2022 or whenever Jay of Paddlesports of Naples has a window of time to patch it. Again

No comments: