Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, November 11, 2022

Econfina Creek


 Getting away from Nicole. Wednesday, November 9. I already was taking Friday off.  For my birthday.  The office was not going to open until noon, if at all, on Thursday. I had some time off saved for the annual Sanibel trip. Which is not happening this year, due to Ian.  I looked to see what campsites were available near Topsail Hill Preserve State Park.  Where I would be trailer camping, Friday and Saturday nights.  A cabin was available at Grayton Beach State Park. Just 8 miles away. Perfect.
I was on Econfina Creek at 11:40.

Looking into Pitt Spring



Small springs on the right side of the Creek as I paddled upstream








Sylvan Springs


 







Another small spring.













Bug raft
 
.

Woodpecker
























The local outfitter.  Little business today.  I saw one paddle boarder at Sylvan Spring


.




Turned around at 12:57













Got out of the kayak at Wilford Spring

Into the water
















2 people at the dock when I landed, one person at the spring















.


My kayak fit between the concrete posts at the entrance to Pitt Spring



.







.



State Highway 20













McCormick Spring






Emerald Spring
.











Into the Gainer Springs Group































Large carp








Sand and shells blown about
































Landed at 3:45
Walk from my cabin at Grayton Beach State Park



















  









No comments: