Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Myakka River, Saturday Jan 13

0823 I entered Myakka River State Park from the North Entrance. Which is only open on weekeds and holidays. That allowed be to drive through the entire Park to the Main Ranger Station. I needed to buy an Annual State Parks pass.This was the last day the were 50% off. And, get a Wilderness Permit.
Saw several deer
I drove through the Palmetto Ridge Campground, one of 3 at Myakka River State Park to see if my site was empty. It was not. Went to the Ranager Station, got my annual pass and Wilderness Permit. Then to the bridge to begin the bike portion of the car-bike shuttle.
Upper Lake Myakka Ramp. Closed to motorboats due to low water. Although, recent rain has raised the River almost a foot.
Underwayat 10:27

No comments: