Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Sanibel Saturday

725 ios When a campsite opens up at the W.P. Franklin Camground in Lee County, I grab it. My site was still ocupied when I arrived, so I just left my trailer in the day use lot. No sense in towing it all the way to the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel Island. 45 miles away.
White pelicans from Wildlife Drive.
On the waer at 10:35. 53 degrees, chilly for Southwest Florida. I zipped up the PFD. Did not wear a jacke, as I knew it woould warm up.
Yellow crowned night heron
San Carlos Pass. Forecast was for a moderate chop, getting windier later in the day. So, I went into it at the start of the paddle.
m 0; text-align: center; ">
Hurricane Ian took this bridge out. Residents of Caloosa Shores have to use Wildlife Drive to access their homes. So two way traffic now begins closer to the Refuge than it used to
The wind kicked up.
Protected in the "lakes". My term.
In more protected waters
And back in the relatively open water near the Wildlife Drive Observation Tower
1228

No comments: