Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Silver River, Friday April 12

Headed down the canal from Rays Wayside at 5:50 PM.
There were monkeys on my left as I paddled up the Silver River. I had a good look at one, but paddling against the swit current was not ideal for photography.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiFQjsdrA8Idqs6opmkrwsK0y7at7cz-hghpZ218lzDcl9CWNDbwqMgXy2U0GrexIku-FJHFiZRPaBlRpyGivOlk7OYB-avgmk9SyTTjEhkB1DrZ5QoNJhaRYHS5_XIqe2lKPdC5kygPx8Bh_qUVyR_4m3J-DtcwiMH8yIKBSEfWWcV7jZJED_GJb6cWg-b/s4608/IMG_1961.JPG" style="display: block; padding: 1em 0; text-align: center; ">
A bit upstream, I was able to get several photos of a manatee. They move slower than monkeys in the trees.
I turned around after about 50 minutes.
Not bad seeing monkeys, a manatee and an alligator on a short paddle.
Add a deer to the wildlife list
Landed at Rays Wayside at 7:32. Still had 30 minutes of light, but I had a long drive to Marianna ahead of me.

No comments: