Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Withlacooche

I picked up my camping trailer. New roof, jack, door lock and greased wheels. 700 bucks
. I was not charged labor on the roof and got the parts at cost. Mine was splitting at the seams. Newer models have a one piece roof, no seams.
About a 6.5 mile bike ride on the WIthlacoochee State Trail, from Lake Townsen Park, where I left car and trailer, back to the Silver Glen Recreation area in the Withlacoochee State Forest. To access Silver Lake from the trail, you have to walk down a grassy embnkment and step over a guard rail on Croom Rital Rd.
On the Witlacoochee River at 1:05 PM. Headed north, which is downstream.
I-75
Abandoned boat ramp
Turtles
Limpkin
River access only to this camping area.
First alligator of the day.
Gator number 2
Iron Bridge Recreation Area
Limestone
In 1999, the World Wildlife Fund, said the Withlcoochee State Forest was one of the top ten coolest places in North America that you have never heard of. I'm thinking, I don't know about that.. than take the photo above.
Soft shell turtle
Canoe and inflatable kayak at Hog Island.

No comments: