Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Turkey Creek and Econfina Creek

An unexpected second kayak on the roof as I drove through the Eglin Reservation to the Hippie Hole launch on TUrkey Creek. My friend Frances was towing four kayaks with 3 of her friends in her truck. We were going to meet at the Crestview west area. About 4 miles east of there, I saw them on the side of I-10. Trailer had a flat. Took a while to remove the wheel.Of course, it was removed just as the Road Ranger arrived. It was decided it was better not to have 4 kayaks on the trailed without a spare tire. So, one was put in the back of Frances' pickup and another on my roof.
After running a shuttle to the takeout in Valapariso, we were finally on the Turkey Creek at 12:45. 11:45 Central.
2 more of Frances' friends, who live in the area, joined us. It is good to have folks with local knowedge. Now I know nearby Titi Creek is pronouced, "ty ty" not, "titty"
Turkey Creek is fed by seepage springs and several smaller tributaries, the largest of which is yet another Juniper Creek.

No comments: