Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Birthday, Crystal River to Cedar Key

 

I always used to park at the grey building. Now a sign, maybe the yellow banner, says no parking except for restaurant customers.  Or something like that.  Had to go across the street and down a block to a municipal lot.

Foggy start to the birthday paddle. Into Kings Bay from the ramp at Birds Underwater



Dolphin in the fog


 


 
At the far piling

 Dolphin dorsal.  Looked better when it rotated sideways to pass under my kayak
 

 


 


 


 
Snorkeling Three Sisters Springs


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


No manatees in the Springs. No humans, either. A fair trade off.
 


 


 


 


 
 Manatee Sanctuary.  I saw some, looks like I did not get any photos


 


 



 
 
 





 





 


 






 


 


 


 


 


 

 I want to see a picture of a goose in a National Wildlife Refuge, "Blue Goose" sign


 


 


 


 


 


The pool at Kings Bay Lodge is built around a spring.



 A lot more vegetation than I remember from when I stayed, and swam here several years ago.

 


 
 Fellow Badger
 West end of the Cross Florida Barge Canal
Arriving at Cedar Key

Park Place.  Like family, only better. They have my calendar on display.
 Birthday card in the room. As usual on my birthday.
 


 




 Room 331 at Park Place
On the Gulf


 






 


 


 


 
 


 




 

 Black crowned night heron
In one of my off the beaten track spots

 Roseate spoonbills in the main drag. AKA Number 2 Channel
 


 


 


 


Eagle at the Scale Key nest


 


 
Trying to replicate the Yak Tales cover shot

 
 


 
Cedar Cove condos, above.  The Island Room Restaurant, first floor. Had my 2014 birthday dinner there.


I would eat here tonight
 
Chicken and sausage umbo
Seafood boil
 I ate at the bar.


 
 
 Dark beach walk to Park Place

No comments: