Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Wacasssa, Wekiva, and Number 4 Bridge

2837
Morning walk to check boating conditions.

 


 

 50 degrees. Time for a hot breakfast
 The problem was wind.  So, I went to the Wacasassa River
 Pushing away from the ramp at Wacasassa Park
Up the Wacasassa River

 


 To the Wekiva River
 


Limestone outcrops.  The Floridian Aquifer

 Belted kingfisher
Osprey


 


 


 

 Turn back point
 


 


Sunken boat


 


 
 

 


 


 I am unable to find Time Traveler Tours on Facebook.


 


 

Egrets 
 I saw a few

 


 


Repairing the bridge over the Waccasassa River


 


 

 
Back at the bridge. Which needed repair.  We kayakers see the crumbling posts that motorists do not.
 Photo from September, 2010. My first time on the Levy County Wekiva River


 


 
 
Headed back to Cedar Key.  Still windy, so I went to the Number 4 Bridge.
 


 


 


 


 


 


 






 
 
 

No comments: