Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Lake Sybelia

I may have found Trouble

https://cbop.audubon.org/get-involved/eagles?_gl=1*m9xxua*_ga*MTU1NDMwNTgwMC4xNjY0NTg1Mzcz*_ga_X2XNL2MWTT*MTY2NjgzMDEwOS4zLjEuMTY2NjgzMDE4My40Ny4wLjA.  


On the water at 6:22




.




Red shouldered hawk, a bird of prey.

Audubon Center for Birds of Prey
Two weeks ago when I first paddle past the Center, no birds were visible inside.

Eagle!
Now if it would only raise, or lower, its head.









There it is.







,


Hard to get a good photo through the screen with daylight waning. 


My first bald eagle photo with a digital camera was taken of Trouble in November 2005. There was an open house at the veterinarian hospital on the corner, and the Center for Birds of Prey brought some guests, including Trouble with his bent beak.  
I have looked for a photo from 17 years ago, but can't find one.







.





Landed at 7

No comments: