Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, January 30, 2023

1000 Islands, Cocoa Beach

Moisture on the lanai screen.  Pretty darn close to the Atlantic Ocean.
 
The view from the top of the dune walkway.  No time for a beach walk.





.At the Ramp Road kayak launch at 8:35




.
Into the mangroves of  1000 Islands









The trail is marked,








There was a section that was not marked.  But seeing the saw marks on the branches, I knew it was on right track.





Getting my bearings.
.
When I was here in December, pressed for time, I paddled back the way I came.  This time, I plotted a course across the open water.











Back to Ramp Road Park
I had only been on the water for an hour, so I kept paddling.










Pee stop




Back in the water











Landed at 10:30

No comments: