Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Fisheating Creek


 Snowy Egret, ibis, and tri colored heron on Fisheating Creek.

Chilly start to the day. 35 degrees



Caloosahatchee River sunrise









Breakfast

.

On Fisheating Creek at 10:30.  


























































The Creek has dropped since I was on it a week ago.  I had to turn back well short of Lemon Lake






















































.Bathroom break.  A longer  break than I intended. Had to wait for a canoeing couple to pass,
Seemed they took forever.  "Strong current!"







Paddled past  the ramp for a bit.  Too many people on the water for my liking.

Lots of bankers and postal workers camping








Landed at 1:52.
Oil light came on as I drove home. There has to be an oil change place on US 27.

There was.  Put just over 5 quarts in.  I asked if there was a  leak.  No.   I was 400 miles over the recommended change mileage.  I've gone 1000 without the light coming on.  May it is a sign of age,6.5 years, and mileage, 170,000.




No comments: