Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Sanibel and more, Saturday December 2

More included this new to me, Hurricane Tracer kayak.
I was able to get into my campsite at W.P. Franklin, early. I then headed to Naples to pick up a kayak I had left for repairs, two years ago. There, next to my Tsunami, was a Hurricane Tracer. 16 and a half feet long, sea kayak, with skeg. I did not know Hurricane made a sea kayak. Jat told me this is the only one they made. It had been on consigment, and had not sold. The owner was coming to pick it up. Hmmmm... I went to my car. I had enough straps and J-hooks for 2 kayaks. The owner arrived, I made an offer, it was accepted.
Delayed getting on the water. First, finding a Wells Fargo so I could get cash to buy the kayak, then by repair work on the Sanibel Causeway.
White pelicans from Wildlife Drive, Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge.
Finally on the water at 3:18
Caloosa Shores bridge
Landed at 5:20
Sunset from Wildlife Drive.

No comments: