Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, December 11, 2023

Suwannee River, Sunday December 10

On the River from Suwannee River State Park at 10:00.Much later than I hoped, as rain was coming later in the day. Did not do a car-bike shuttle, due to the impending rain. Suwannee Canoe Rental refused to pick me up when I landed at Dowling Park. I met them there, before the start, and got a ride back to Suwannee River State Park. The Canoe Outpost does not open until 10, this time of year. American Canoe Adventures, in White Springs, was too far of a drive to get on the River early, and the shuttle service at Advent Christian Village, my first choice, was not available on Sunday. At $60, Suwannnee Canoe Rental charges more than any of them. I will never use them again, unless, like this time, I have to.
209
At lower water levels, there can be tricky shoals in this ripply water.
Twin Rivers State Forest/Florida Trail campsite?
I-10

No comments: