Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Last Day on the Suwannee

No swim in Convict Spring.  I had the longest paddle of the Suwanee Sojourn ahead of me.  16 miles to Branford.  Where I would meet the shuttle driver from the Suwannee Canoe Outpost at 6 PM.
Loaded and launched at 8 AM







Landed at Royal Spring.


















Back on the Suwannee


Suwannee Blue Spring
This is just the outflow. To see the spring, one has to land, and trespass. I declined, having a long way to go.  And, more springs to see.












The sign states this is Amen Spring











Mearson Spring.















Troy Springs



















Ruins of the Madison.  A scuttled Confederate ship.

This is only the third time I have kayaked here.  The other two, the floating dock, was,





Landing for Ruth Springs.  Leads to a trail to the Springs.  I did not land.
Ruth Springs Run, above.




Landed at Little River Springs





















Green heron

Landed at Patrician Oaks.  This is as far as I have been before.  I used the time it took me to get here for my 6PM guesstimate for my arrival at Branford, 3 miles down River
It was only 2PM.  I called the Canoe Outpost and revised my pickup time.

















Limpkin























Landed at 3:30

Ivey Spring, at the boat ramp in Branford.

Suwannee County Courthouse, Live Oak, Florida.


Back to where I started, 6 days ago.

The Music Park was packed.  For the Suwannee Roots Revival.   Sam Bush, Del McCoury, and dozens more, over the weekend.

No comments: