Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Suwannee River Trip, Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Advent Christian Village to Lafayette Blue Springs State Park.
 Morning walk.
 Someone was up before me.


 I saw a couple deer in the woods.









Oatmeal and an orange for breakfast, and I carried my gear down the tower.  Next time, I'll use the boat ramp.
 On the Suwannee at 10:50.  Just a 10 mile paddle today.
Paddling past the Dowling Park River Camp





Once past the public boat ramp, I was on a section of the Suwannee River I had not kayaked before.




Old RR bridge













Perhaps a catamaran is not suited for the Suwannee.




























 Shirley Spring



















































Landed at the Charles Spring ramp









Did not go through





 Law breakers were in the spring. Two dogs,  Waking in the spring, stirring up the bottom.  As were their masters










A gator came off the bank, here.   I think it is the first one I have seen up River of Hart Springs.





Allen Millpond Spring Run







Thomas Spring Run







Little spring just before Lafayette Blue



 Cabin 1 at Lafayette Blue Springs State Park













 A swim in the Spring














 Green Sink Trail



























 Campground



No comments: