Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, October 7, 2019

October 6, Day 2, Suwannee River

Holton Creek River Camp to Suwannee River State Park
 A new sleep pad worked very well.  Not as well as one of the guys in the next shelter had.  Looked like a full sized bed.  As I approached the site on Saturday, I heard it being blown up.  I thought it was the camp host with a leaf blower

After breakfast of bratwurst, oatmeal, and coffee, I was on the Suwanee at 9:24.  To save space, I heated the water for the coffee and oatmeal in the coffee pot.
Destination, Suwannee River State Park




Spring










I really hope those are plastic lunch tray tracks, or some sliding device, not tire tracks;



Dry Holton Creek






Multiple dock levels to enjoy the River as it rises and falls.




















I love the limestone



Spring









Turpentine cat face?


Spring











 Alapaha Rise









Gibson Park, I did not stop.

Mouth of the Alapaha River.  Most of the flow comes up from the Rise.
























Spring










 Break spot












I was  looking for a spring on the right bank.  Somehow, I missed Seven Sisters.   As, there on the left bank was Little Gem Spring



 Boat ramp, Suwannee River State Park
 Cabin 1, of 5, is closest to the ramp





 Outdoor shower


A walk on Lime Sink Run Trail













A deer


















Lime Sink Run is also called, Dry Run








Little Gem from land.













No comments: