Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Myakka Sunday


 Early morning bike ride to the canopy walkway








 Canopy walkway



 Views from 78 feet



 Back on the ground, nature trail









 Back on the bike



 I was focusing, badly, on the limpkin. Did not see the web. I was scouting about a place to launch the kayak.




 Ran water through the coffee maker for oatmeal.  And half a leftover brat.  Then, I made the coffee. No fire required. Electricity is a wonderful thing.


 On the River, from the place I scouted out, at 10:13.   Last picnic area down River from the Park Road Bridge.







 It was a good thing that I stopped by the Ranger Station during my morning bike ride to get my Wilderness Permit.  I got the last one.  Had I waited until I left my campsite, I would have had the moral dilemma about entering without a permit.



 Softshell turtle












Into Lower Lake Myakka.  Still windy, but not as bad as Saturday.  So, I paddled across the Lake.
The wind was a cross wind.  No photos until I reached the south end of the Lake, and Deep Hole.
Home to alligators













Lots of alligators


Deep Hole is what the name implies.  A sink hole.  The Myakka River and Lakes can get very shallow.  There is always plenty of water at Deep Hole.

A video I took is too large to post it.  Lets see if a Facebook link works.
https://www.facebook.com/dave.cannon.73/videos/10216330040467595/









Headed back across the Lake











Into the River





















Landed at 1:50
Not a bad portage to the parking lot.
Shorter then Camp Joy on Rock Springs Run.


Lunch in the shade of the concession building.  The Park was packed

Time for a off road bike ride.





Two different alligators.



The Yak Dave Mobile and the Adventure Box in the distance.




 To the bird walk




Look up "Gator Bait" in the dictionary. You will see this guy.






Last photo at 5:01.  Stopped at the Ranger Station to return my Wilderness Permit.  Home, bikes off the car, Cool Camp in the garage, car unpacked, in time for the 2nd half of the Packer game.

No comments: