Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, January 17, 2020

Wekiva River

There was a Lake Wind Advisory this afternoon.  I thought, there is enough light to paddle by until 6, my 40 hours will be complete at 3:42, I may be able to get 90 minutes in on the Wekiva River.
Launched from Wekiwa Springs State Park.  First photo, 4:29.  And that was after taking time adjusting the foot pegs on the rudder repaired kayak



 Down the Wekiva





 Approaching Wekiva Island


 Small shell mound





 Turn around, looking down river at the large shell mound










 A kayaker taking pictures of this tri colored heron said, "Was your kayak at Travel Country for repair?"  "Yeah, for two months" "I'm retired, but I work there on Saturdays. Rudder repair."

A repair took waaay to long when a part time, mostly retired, employee recognizes it.



















 Landed at 6:03
Wekiwa Spring

1 comment:

Betty Lynch said...

Hello, so the shell mounds are under the vegetation? They are amazing.