Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, January 13, 2020

Secret Lake Park

I paddled 5 lakes on Monday morning.  Secret Lake, Middle Lake Triplet, South Lake Triplet, North Lake Triplet, and Lost Lake.  My first time.  Years ago, on long Sunday morning bike rides, I may have stopped at this Casselberry, FL, park a couple times.
I pulled into the Park, did not see a place to launch.  I was on the way out when I saw the signs for a Non-Motorized Boat Launch Area.
 
 On Secret Lake at 8:50






 Border between homes with lawns, and natural area





 A canal.  Does it lead to more lakes?

 Wide spot in the canal

 The canal dead ended









 Back on Secret Lake








Landed at 9:22.  That was a short paddle.
Oh, but there is another launch site, on another lake.
 On North Lake Triplet at 9:42
 Wilderness Systems rental kayaks.


 Into Middle  Lake Triplett






 To Lost Lake










 Lost Lake to Middle Lake Triplett





 Into South Lake Triplett

 Be aware of errant golf balls


 Tiny bird, not birdee.



 Back on Middle Lake Triplett



 To North Lake Triplett














Landed, for the second time, at 10:52.
Lakes map

No comments: